ARCOM's organisation is based on project team management involving varied specialist consultants drawn from its large network for each project, according to the specific situation.
We specialise in designing and promoting corporate strategy, structure and corporate culture projects to develop and reorganise large to medium-sized private companies and governmental organisations. Hence we have varied and extensive experience with the processes of change in all phases: analysis/diagnosis, concept/design and implementation. And we enforced successfully start up firms.
Marketing & sales strategy
Management systems improvement
Operations & process optimisation
Organisational design & leadership
Type of clients/branches (industry areas)
From medium to very large companies; mostly leaders in their sector of industry. Our experience derives from a wide range of different industries allowing a qualified benchmarking practice.
Consumer goods, food and agriculture
Investment goods, real estate, energy, raw materials
Service industries, entertainment, tourism, health
Public administration, non profit organisations
Banking, finance and insurance
International practice (foreign countries where assignments were completed; in order of priority)
Professional membership and cooperations
- ASCO (Association of Management Consultants, Switzerland), honorary member and past president of the executive board
- Professor (adjunct) and member of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics, University of Zurich
- SMG (Swiss Management Association/Schweizerische Management Gesellschaft)
- Swiss Federation of Psychologists (FSP)
- The Academy of Management, USA (Managerial Consultation Division)
- ARCOM Network of Management Consultants
Language ability in the firm
CMC (Certified Management Consultant) of IMC, New York, 1993; recert. 6.2003, 11.2006, 12.2010, 12.2014
Chairman of the Swiss Certification Body (ICMCI representative for Switzerland)
Mission statement / consulting philosophy
Our mission statement of a good client and consultant partnership emphasises our ethical and professional standards:
- Analysing the client's expectations carefully and conscientiously; delivering a detailed written proposal with fixed offer
- Defining clear and realistic goals together with the client (usually with top management)
- Tailor-made support not only in the analysis and concept phase but also during implementation; helping the client's personnel to develop the required skills
- Quality aspects and existing clients have clear priority over maximising billable hours or short-term assignments
- Integrating our know-how in project teams consisting of many other specialists; helping to integrate people or consultants from other cultures or abroad
- Building a strong bridge between theory and practice (using the latest methods and keeping the knowledge on the state of the art level)
- Respecting and supporting the standards of ethics of the national and international professional bodies; actively fostering the development of quality standards in the management consulting profession; fulfiling the requirements of certification processes
- Absolute fairness as business partner
- Strict confidentiality
- Passion for the management consulting profession and total commitment to the client's needs
Credentials (short description of some typical assignments)
LEADING SWISS BANK
Marketing and qualitative market research
Development of new markets in Europe:
Extensive analysis of the leasing market abroad with a team of four management consultants, qualitative interviews with investment goods producers and their clients, competitor analysis, development of business strategy and a two-track concept for successful implementation, systematic search for potential cooperation partners or acquisition candidates, after first negotiations pushing the second track starting from scratch, support in the successful first phase of implementation.
FORMING THE LEADER FOR BUILDING MATERIAL DISTRIBUTION
Corporate strategy, organisation design, change management
Ensuring the success of the foreign investors' important acquisition of three players in the Swiss market:
Delivering «second opinion» on strategy, suggesting and building productive working groups for all key post merger issues with representatives of all three firms. Designing the future «one firm» organisation and active support during the whole change management process. The result of the merger is a new market leader with best results also in profit performance. Very important: no loss of key people since the acquisition.
LEADING GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCER
Human resources, management development, marketing
Implementation of a general management tool for quicker corporate culture change:
Developing a tailor made «management by objectives» system to enhance the customer orientation for the country-wide selling unit; systematic involvement of the top sales management and the sales people; assistance in defining strategic priorities and individual development goals during 3?«MbO»-cycles; quality assurance measures; excellent implementation results, also great organisational flexibility was proven by a later merger with another corporate unit.
LARGE CLOTHES MANUFACTURER IN CENTRAL EUROPE
Market analysis, user-need assessment, product innovation, new governance structure, new top management, turnaround of production in three countries (incl. in Asia) and renewal of the whole sales organisation, new strategic business units and profit centres, new brand management, key accounts and special support services; figures now compared to those of competitors are better than ever before (this assignment was carried out with many associate management consultants).
Selection of important and well known clients (location)
- Allianz (Germany)
- Bank Vontobel (Zurich)
- BMW (Munich)
- CR (Cement Roadstone)
- City and Canton of Zurich
- Coop (Basle)
- Credit Suisse (Zurich and Germany)
- Hilti (Schaan/FL)
- KPMG (Switzerland and Germany)
- Lindt & Sprüngli (Kilchberg/Zurich)
- Ministry of Austrian Government (Vienna)
- Novartis (Basle)
- Rieter (Winterthur)
- Ringier (Zurich)
- DkSH (Zurich)
- Sulzer (Winterthur)
- Swiss Post and Swisscom (Berne) and many others
Partners / senior consultants short profile
ANDRÉ C. WOHLGEMUTH - senior and managing consultant
After some years practical experience as project manager in international firms (Credit Suisse, IBM) he started with a professional consultancy in Switzerland and abroad in 1984: For five years he was a project manager for strategy-structure-culture assignments in a leading international Swiss management consulting firm (and member of the executive board), and since 1989 has had his own management consulting firm advising mainly larger firms in their growth strategie, in organisation development and often coaching key personnel facing very complex or difficult situations.
Education and research: Graduate studies in business administration and applied psychology with Master’s degree (University of Zurich); doctor’s degree (Ph. D., University of Berne); with thesis “Consulting and Organisation Development”; visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Business Administration in connection with a large field research project to analyse the “success factors of companies” (habilitation/professional thesis); professor at the University of Zurich; lecturer at the University of St. Gall (HSG) and Vienna (WU) and others; author of numerous articles and books in the field of management and consultancy.
URS PETER HINNEN – Senior consultant
After assignments in the felds of accounting (chief accountant in the Middle East), quality control of airlines' ground services and controlling of hotels, seven years experience as internal consultant in the airline and service industry, two years experience as coordinator of change-projects of a city administration, since 1986 experience as a professional management consultant in medium sized and large private and public organisations, part-time mandate as elected mayor of a Swiss community.
Priorities: organisational development in the private and public sector, project management, strategic management, new public management, logistics, finance, quality control concepts in service industries, tourism industry, health service, institutions for handicapped, concepts for leadership and staff skills trainings.