Abinitio´s mission is to help its customers to achieve operational excellence in their business. In this process we cover the full spectrum from management strategy to detailed operational processes. We always deliver fully functional solutions which deliver the promised operational results. In addition, Abinitio is an expert in how new technologies will impact your business model and your market.
Marketing & sales strategy
Digital & IT transformation
Operations & process optimisation
Management systems improvement
Organisational design & leadership
Type of clients/branches (industry areas)
Investment goods, real estate, energy, raw materials
Public administration, non profit organisations
Banking, finance and insurance
Service industries, entertainment, tourism, health
International practice (foreign countries where assignments were completed; in order of priority)
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- North Africa
Professional membership and cooperations
- ACEC – Business Organisation of Catalan Managment Consultant Companies
- AECE – Association of Spanish Managment Consultant Companies
- KDF – Kreis Deutscher Führungskräfte Barcelona
- The Global Compact of the United Nations
- FEDIT – Federación Española de Centros Tecnológicos
Language ability in the firm
Approved supplier of the Spanish Government
Approved supplier of the Catalan Government
Certified LOPD (Certified Spanish data protection Law)
Mission statement / consulting philosophy
Abinitio´s mission is to help its customers to achieve operational excellence in their business. In this process we cover the full spectrum from management strategy to detailed operational processes. We always deliver fully functional solutions which deliver the promised operational results. In addition, Abinitio is an expert in how new technologies will impact your business model and your market. We help you in how you can best apply these new technologies in your operations to achieve a competitive advantage.
Credentials (short description of some typical assignments)
BARCELONA – COMMERCE IN THE WEB
Barcelona's small commerce typically does not have a web presence and so does not show up in the tools tourists use like Google maps.
- Analyse the size of the problem and develop a strategy how to change this situation.
- Implement solution on behalf of the City of Barcelona using mobile technology and cooperation with Google to bring 6000 small businesses to the web within 18 months.
GAS COMPANY ENTERING INTO ELECTRICITY BUSINESS
A medium size Spanish gas company wants to start selling electricity to its customers:
- Analyse existing customer base and existing sales channels to build a complete business case for market entry.
- Design integrated gas and electricity organisation and expertise needed to make it a success as well as identify possible candidates to hire in the Spanish market with the relevant expertise.
- Design system requirements for this integrated business.
DUE DILIGENCE AND STRATEGIC SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
ASSESSMENT IN THE PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDY OF THE SYSTEM AIRPORT
Environmental analysis of the airport system, identifying risks and impacts.
- Identification of system characteristics for expansion and / or new sites.
- Analysis of environmental and social costs linked to the purchase of new land.
- Social implications in structured and unstructured settlements.
TOURISM DEVELOPMENT FOR AFRICAN TOURIST REGION
- Social and environmental impact study of territorial development linked to tourism in the region.
- Study of the risks of tourism development on biodiversity of a major National Park
- Incorporation of measures for conservation and sustainable development in the Tourism Development Plan.
IMPLEMENTATION OF REMOTE TELESUPERVISION OF CONSTRUCTION OF GAS NETWORK
This project resulted in a complete culture change and high efficiency gains for a utility company. Instead of physically inspecting all construction work by an engineer of the utility company the engineers can now use the latest mobile technology remotely.
- This project included a complete change management process , assessment of skills and training program as well as development of the IT platform and the new operating procedures.
- Involved 1200 employees of the utility company.
- Currently 93% of client construction projects are done through this channel.
Selection of important and well known clients (location)
Gas Natural Fenosa
Spanish National government
Catalan Regional government
Agència de l‘ Habitatge de Catalunya
Ajuntament de Barcelona
COFELY - GFD Suez
Partners / senior consultants short profile
JOAN PALAU - PARTNER AND BOARD MEMBER
Joan was born in 1959, married and has two daughters. He has graduated in Msc Economics & MBA.
He started his career in 1982 as Head of Section in the Catalan Regional
Administration. From 1988 he took on various management roles in Gas Natural, among them Commercial Director of Gas Natural Ban in Argentina, CEO of Gas Navarra and CEO of Gas Natural Servicios. During this time he was not only in charge of restructuring many different businesses and managing the separation of the distribution and commercialisation business, but also building a world class sales and marketing organisation from scratch. In 2008 he founded Abinitio. Since then Joan has led many different consultancy projects especially in the utilities sector and the public administration.
RAMON CASES - FOUNDING PARTNER AND BOARD MEMBER
Ramon was born in 1958, married and has one daughter. He has graduated at Esade Business School and has an MBA degree for the same School, PDD fot IESE.
In 1986 he became Head of Systems at Catalana de Gas and then he became CFO at Gas Natural Informática as well as Project Manager and CIO at Gas Natural BAN in Argentina. In 1998 he became Head of IT and customer processes and IT International Manager in Gas Natural Fenosa Group until 2008 he founded Abinitio together with Joan Palau. Ramon is an expert in process design and application of technology to improve customer processes. In the last year he has led many consultancy projects of process optimization and customized IT solutions.
ANDREAS KUBEK - PARTNER AND GENERAL MANAGER
Andreas was born in 1972, married and has two children. He has graduated in Bsc & Msc International Business Administration at Vienna University and holds an MBA degree from IESE Business School.
His career started in 1999 with various Management roles at BP, where he was in charge of restructuring various businesses around the world and also led a part of the integration of Castrol and BP as Strategy Implementation Manager. He also was CEO at BP Gas in Austria leading the turnaround of the company. In 2009 he founded the consultancy company KAAN solutions in Barcelona and also was President of Primagas Energía.
In 2016 he joined to Abinitio as partner and General Manager. Andreas speaks English, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese and has extensive international consultancy experience.